Kale chips are a great way to nibble on something a bit salty and chip like when you’re in the mood to snack. Take them to the movies to munch on instead of popcorn, or sit down on the couch to your favourite TV show with a bowl of them.
Kale chips are so easy to make you can have them on hand year round to satisfy that “snackie” feeling whenever it strikes.
The best thing about them, besides the minimal calorie content and maximum nutritional content, is that you can make up any flavour imagineable for your chips to go with whatever mood you’re in.
Kale is packed to the rafters with vitamins, in particular Vitamin K, A and C; all great for boosting immunity, cell and blood regeneration. There’s also heaps of calcium to maintain bone health, which the Vitmamin K assists with utilising in the body.
So there you have it, rustle up a batch of Kale chips next time your in the mood to snack on something tasty and awesome for your body!
- 1 bunch of Kale
- 1/2 cup Tamari Sauce
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- Cut the kale into 3 cm pieces.
- Lay the kale on lined baking trays.
- Using a glazing brush, brush half of the kale with tamari sauce, ensuring you apply an even layer to each chip.
- Sprinkle the remaining chips with the paprika.
- Place the chips into the oven and bake on 150 degrees celcius for 15 minutes, or until the kale has dried out and is crunchy.
- Serve immediately, or wait until the kale chips have fully cooled to store in paper bags or sandwhich bags for later.