I’m writing this blog post from my bed as I’m feeling “A little under the weather”. A little bit fluey, sort of. A bit run down I suppose you would say. Hence I didnt make it to my Barre Pilates class tonight which makes me sad becausde I really enjoy it a lot!
I discovered Barre Pilates through a dear friend who heard about it from a work colleague. She asked me if I wanted to try it with her, so we ventured into the barre studio one afternoon afterwork together, and we’ve both been attending class regularly ever since.
The studio I attend is called Barre Body and there are studios in Melbourne and Sydney. Barre Body classes are a fusion of pilates, yoga and ballet barre work that leave you with an elevated heart rate and a full body workout concentrating on lenthening the muscles and toning the body.
So as promised in the title, here are 6 reasons why I love Barre Pilates and the benefits of Barre Pilates:
1. Although not a traditional cardio workout, the class gets my heart rate right up to help me burn fat and tone my body.
2. I have a stronger core from Barre Pilates. The pilates work and yoga flows concentrate on engaging your core muscles always, as well as targeted core exercises which really challenge any fitness level!
3. The classes offer much variety in that no two classes are ever the same. This keeps me interested and always challenging myself in different ways.
4. The class is set to a relaxing style of music, which along with the yoga flows and endless stretching of muscles makes for a great way to wind down at the end of the day. Or a great way to set the tone for the day ahead.
5. The nature of group classes is that you stay motivated by each other and the instructor watching your every move means its that much harder to slack off which is a common problem when going it alone.
6. Shavasana (corpse pose) meditiation at the end of class allows the body to absorb the benefits of class and turn the mind inwards for a few moments before going about the rest of the day more grounded and the mind refreshed.